Sunday, November 25, 2012

A Sense of Place

Paris. That's where I am for the week. It is a far bigger city than Denver, and a lot more interesting. It's my third time here, the first that hasn't been in the summer. It is definitely one of my favorite places, and for the express purpose of taking pictures it is the best place to do so.
So where am I really. Well Paris is a lot of things. The capitol of France, an Ancient City, a battle ground in the French revolution, and in general a historic, iconic, and cosmopolitan city.
In particular, unique landmarks define Paris in the modern world. The Eiffel Tower, the Champs Elysee, the Arc de Triumph, the Louvre, Sacre Couer, Notre Dame de Paris, Versailles, etc.
The French culture is epitomized in Paris, and throughout its neighborhoods. It's, not surprisingly a great place to practice french, which is something that I have been trying to do. The food is the best as well.
I can't think of much else to say about this place. It is a place that you have to experience to know, I guess that's what I am doing.

      

The Eiffel Tower and Sacre Couer, both at night.

No comments:

Post a Comment