Saturday, November 24, 2012

A Sense of Transition

Last week I realized that this thanksgiving would be the first ever that I had not spent with my family. I would not get to have a massive turkey dinner and all the pumpkin pie I could eat, sort of sad because it is the only time I get to have that sort of stuff once a year. Instead I would be on my way to Paris, and in Paris on thanksgiving day.
Lets just say it was a brutal trip, and I was glad that it was over. I made it to the hostel where I was \staying and then went for a walk. I saw a cat, and it behaved just like cats in the United States, kind of stuck up, and snooty, quite reassuring being in a new country.
The cat. 

The basic premise of my walk was to to get myself looking at this place through my lens. The results were mediocre, but the next day I was getting a bit more used to it. Wielding a large camera in a big city is rather unwieldy and take a little getting used to, but I think I have the hang of it now.

 It was an absolute blur. Not that king of blur, but a blurry blur. 

The transition on the "Academic front" has be very little. Since finals, I get the notion that I must finish what is assigned before I go to bed, even if I don't go to bed. I know sleep is essential here, so I think I am going to go to bed now.





Jasmin is "studying".

No comments:

Post a Comment